Following a study commissioned by the Henderson Group with their refrigeration partners, Portglenone Refrigeration Services Ltd (PRS), The Group made a commitment to retro-fit Clarifoil® Anti-fog film to their entire fleet of in-store freezers.
Recognising that condensation forming on freezer doors badly impairs product visibility and consumer product selection, they evaluated a number of solutions to resolve the issue before selecting Clarifoil Anti-fog film.
Glen Crumley of Henderson Group said ‘’We selected Clarifoil from a range of options, not only because it proved to be the best solution in maintaining clarity of the glass, but it enabled us to make considerable energy savings by reducing the power consumed by the freezer door trim heaters’’
As part of the study, PRS measured the benefit of fitting adjustable controls to all Henderson Group freezers – designed to accurately control the power supplied to each individual freezer unit.
Clarifoil Anti-fog film can maintain the clarity of freezer doors even when trim heater power consumption is reduced by 75%, delivering savings of up to 6 kWh per freezer door, per day. An annualised saving of 1,100 Megawatt hours of energy, gave a strong case for the return-on-investment argument even before consideration is given to the increase in sales generated through the improved display of products.
Henderson Group and PRS selected PFS Global to install Clarifoil because of their proven track record. Andrew Dunwoody of PRS said ‘’PFS were the obvious choice with their experience of installing Clarifoil in a working grocery environment. The installation teams showed the utmost professionalism and efficiency, completing the work across the group in just 10 working days’’
The project, to retro-fit Clarifoil on over 550 doors, was completed within normal shop hours, with minimal disruption to the store activity and was completed ahead of schedule.
E N D S
About Henderson Group
- Henderson Group is a local family business achieving 84th place on the latest 2020 Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 100 league table of the UK’s private companies.
- Henderson Group is ranked 6th in the Ulster Business Top 100 NI Companies 2020 and ranked 2nd in the Ulster Grocer Top 75 NI Food & Drink companies 2020.
- The Group owns the SPAR, EUROSPAR, VIVO, VIVOXTRA and VIVO Essentials franchises in Northern Ireland.
- Four companies make up the Group – Henderson Wholesale, Henderson Retail, Henderson Group Property and Henderson Foodservice.
- Henderson Wholesale has been distributing food and grocery-related products to the convenience retail sector for over 120 years and is the largest operator of its kind in the country.
- The Group is committed to sourcing local fresh foods from farmers, growers and suppliers, with over 75% of fresh products sourced on the island of Ireland.
- Henderson Retail owns and operates 99 SPAR and EUROSPAR stores in Northern Ireland.
- Henderson Foodservice is a market leading supplier to the catering industry, providing a vast range of products to hotels, schools, restaurants etc. across Ireland.
- Operating out of its head office in Mallusk, the Group employs around 4,500 employees across Northern Ireland.
- Multi award winning Henderson Group companies have claimed Retail Industry Awards Community Retailer of the Year and Fresh Produce Retailer of the Year; Belfast Telegraph Business Awards, Excellence in CSR and Excellence in Development of Management and Leadership for Henderson Foodservice; Deloitte Best Managed Company Gold standard and Investors in People Gold and Silver accreditation; and Mobile App of the Year at the Belfast Telegraph IT Awards and Innovative Business of the Year at the Business Eye Awards for Henderson Technology.
About PFS Global
A specialist installer of Clarifoil Anti-fog film based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. Historically operating throughout EMEA, PFS have recently added the ‘Global’ tag setting-up business in the USA in partnership with MPH Global, to provide Clarifoil installation services to US grocery outlets. www.pfs.global (T:0800 316 7788)
Clarifoil is a trademarked product owned by Celanese Corporation, USA.